Head of Music – TLR 2B
Closing Date: Thursday 2 April 2020
Job Start Date: 1 September 2020
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Key Stage: KS3/KS4
Salary Type: MPR/UPR + TLR 2B
Salary Details: £24,373-£40,490 + TLR2B £4,659
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher with the skills, experience and energy to lead our Music Department from April 2020. We welcome applications from ambitious teachers looking for a new challenge, who feel that they have the passion, drive and determination to develop their leadership skills in order to make an impact on the learning of our students. As a College our ambition is for students to achieve levels of success which surpass their expectations. Crookhorn was judged as a good school in 2019 and we are proud of the ethos and community feel of the College.
The post will provide excellent opportunities and preparation for career development in a college that values and supports its staff. Crookhorn is committed to a coaching culture for all its staff where you will receive high quality support and CPD from expert colleagues on a fortnightly basis who will coach and guide you through your professional development.
We are looking for a highly skilled practitioner who:
• has the ability to inspire, lead and manage members of staff;
• has high standards and expectations;
• has individual skills;
• has ideas and imagination to build on current good practice;
• has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range.
• is committed and prepared to co-produce high quality performances.
In return we offer:
• a supportive and welcoming community of professionals who value and support its staff;
• coaching for every member of staff;
• excellent opportunities and preparation for career development;
• high quality professional learning opportunities
Crookhorn College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.